People’s Climate of Colorado is a newly registered nonprofit initially created to facilitate the People’s Climate March on Denver. We aim to promote wide-ranged community action to address climate change and other environmental injustices along the Front Range of Colorado. In addition, we seek to educate the public and promote environmentally responsible legislation and subsequent enforcement, as well as encourage environmentally friendly business practices, and want to help individuals to live greener lives.
Carrying on the spirit of environmental activism from the first People’s Climate March in 2014, PCoC functions according to the national People’s Climate Movement (PCM) core principles:
- Prioritize leadership of front-line communities, communities of color, low-income communities, workers and others impacted by climate, economic and racial inequity.
- Use the Jemez Principles for Democratic Organizing to ground our work.
- Build a coordinated but decentralized structure that lifts up a common platform and message while being flexible enough to create more opportunities for connection to local issues, ownership and engagement in the movement.
- Work in a way that helps to strengthen and build the capacity of the local organizing.
- Develop opportunities for a range of organizations and social movements to work together, and to us our joint efforts to give greater visibility to our common struggle. This includes, but is not limited to, putting people into the streets as we demand policy changes and bold action.
A Special Thanks to our Partner Organizations:
Connect with us on social media!